Grain Storage Containers

Discussions concerning the purchasing of home brewing ingredients and equipment.
Maggie Curley

Grain Storage Containers

Postby Maggie Curley » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Just picked up Gamma Vault Airtight Containers at Costco ( Modesto). They are the 60 # Dog Food size. We aren't the "C.B's" of the club so we paid a bit more than Wade did. ;) I was pretty happy with the $28.49 price tag as my pet store was charging $46.00 for the same item. We are looking forward to using these for our base grains to save on our Food Saver vacuum sealer bag useage.
We are all friends in fermentation. - Fritz Maytag

Mark Ranes

Re: Grain Storage Containers

Postby Mark Ranes » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Maggie Curley wrote:$28.49 price tag...

That's a great price for these. You'll love them:)

Mark
Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die. ~Dave Matthews~

Stephen Verschelden

Postby Stephen Verschelden » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm

I love mine for the dogger and kitty food and the grain. Every year, I add 1 or 2 to my collection so I keep adding styles of base grain hence, more styles of beers hence, more beer! Another "never-ending-cycle", like mashed potatoes and gravy. :idea:
. . . "because like beer, radio shouldn't suck" ~Justin Crossley~

Mark Ranes

Postby Mark Ranes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Not to revive a dead forum thread, but I recently discovered that the rubber seals had come off the lids on a couple of my Vittles Vaults, that I use for bulk grain storage. They were brittle and stretched out, and would no longer stay on the lids, basically defeating the purpose of these contains. Without the air tight seal, CO2 blankets and generally keeping pests out just wouldn't happen.

I searched the web for quite some time, with no positive results, trying to find a retailer who sold replacement Gamma Lid gaskets. Eventually, I found my way back to Gamma's own site wand discovered that they sold the gaskets, in 2-packs, for just $.06. Yes, just six cents! The down side is that shipping was a flat $9.50 rate. I went ahead and order the maximum of ten 2-packs, for just over $10.50, so I don't feel too bad. This should get me through the next ten years, at least, with my 5 Vittles Vaults. Here is the link if you need some replacement gaskets:

http://www.gamma2.net/spare-parts-gaskets.htm

Mark
Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die. ~Dave Matthews~

Return to “Where to Buy”