2015 Big Brew

Discussions of Central Valley Brewer's Guild events.
Mark Ranes

2015 Big Brew

Postby Mark Ranes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 am

The American Homebrewer's Association official Big Brew Day is scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2015. CVBG celebrates this day at Stephen's Brew Barn. Last year we brewed 35 gallons. Along with brewing multiple batches of beer, we eat well and share ales.

The day will run from 10:00 am until the last batch is in the fermentor. Who is joining us?

Mark
Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die. ~Dave Matthews~

Mark Ranes

Re: 2015 Big Brew

Postby Mark Ranes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:29 am

Just realized I'm overbooked for weekends in May! May 2 is already on my calendar for a different event. The next weekend, May 9, is the Central Valley Brewfest, at the fairgrounds in Turlock.

I realize that the world doesn't revolve around me, but I'd like to attend CVBG's Big Brew Day and usually I handle the coordination of the event. What would folks think about moving the day to May 16? Anyone else have conflicts with the 16th?

Mark

Mark Ranes

Postby Mark Ranes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Sticking with May 2:) Too many conflicts for folks.

Mark

Mark Ranes

Postby Mark Ranes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok - time to start the discussion of Big Brew Day on Saturday, May 2, 10:00. I won't be able to attend (because I can't seem to manage my life events (with a calendar:), so we'll need someone to coordinate the lunch.

In the past, we've done burgers, sausages and even spaghetti. Who wants to coordinate the food for the group? I've always purchased the lunch supplies (main dish, sides, snacks, plates and utensils) and then asked for donations to cover the costs. It's worked well, but takes some planning, shopping and work on Big Brew Day. Who wants to get this up and running?

Mark

Mark Ranes

Postby Mark Ranes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Stephen had an unexpected death in the family, of a close relative, and will be involved in family services this coming weekend. He is requesting that we reschedule the CVBG Big Brew for a later date. We realize this is last minute, but the Big Brew venue is not something we can simply relocate in a couple days.

We put calendars together and at this point Saturdays in May are booked solid, and early June takes in NHC, in San Diego. We've settled on Saturday, June 20. My only concern is that June 20 may be a very warm event, but we can pull it off:) Hopefully there won't be too many folks that will have conflicts with this date. Please put the rescheduled date on your calendar today.

Condolences go out to Stephen and family in this difficult time.

njuergenson

Postby njuergenson » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Ditto Stephen, best wishes.

All good, Josh and I are going to continue and brew at my place. We have a Black Pepper Black IPA that we're going to attempt.

June 20th looks clear for me. Logged it in the calendar.
Noah Juergenson
Off Road Brewing

Return to “Central Valley Brewer's Guild Events”