Meeting Space w/ WiFi that allows/has beer

A place for off topic discussions. Be nice! In additional to normal of civility, please avoid political and religious topics.
Kyle Oliveira

Meeting Space w/ WiFi that allows/has beer

Postby Kyle Oliveira » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 am

This is kind of an odd topic, but something this group might have insight into:
When I was in Ithaca we had (still have) a group of people who were interested in software who met once a month for what we called "Beer and Code". Basically, we'd meet at the office of one of the software companies in town and talk about what we're working on, maybe give a presentation or collaborate a bit, and have a few growlers.

I'm considering getting something like that started here in Turlock, but I have no idea where I could hold such an event. I work from home, so I don't have office space (and I'd rather not invite a bunch of random strangers to drink at my place, certainly not at first). I haven't noticed anywhere in town that has both beer and wifi, either, much less a projector.

Any suggestions? I have no idea if there's much demand for this here, but it was a neat thing to do every month while I was in Ithaca and I'd like to at least give it a go. I'd kind of be open to Modesto too as there seems to be some software folks there, but I know even less about offerings in Modesto.

JimT

Re: Meeting Space w/ WiFi that allows/has beer

Postby JimT » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me, but I don't know of any place that meets the criteria. Could possibly use a meeting room at one of the hotels in town.

Return to “Off Topic Discussions”